Buy WOW Account Cheap Sell Warcraft Catalysm Account

If you are looking to buy cheap wow account, or other MMO accounts, please review our free online game market. You can post free ads on this site to buy, sell or trade wow account, or buy warcraft gold and wow power leveling service.
It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 11:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:28 pm 
Site Admin

How to fight Scammers? Buy Sell WOW account 101. MUST READ

following are some tips for buyers and sellers of wow account and wow gold, especially when u deal with a person, not a website or company.

1. Get each other's phone number before u make a deal. Negotiate on the phone, rather than in MSN or others.

2. Get a copy of the account owner or seller's ID ( driver license or passport ), make sure the seller's ID is the same as the wow account's onwer's address and phone number.

3. Get a copy of the buyer's ID if possible, and make sure that the buyer's name is the same as the name on the Paypal account, and Paypal account address must be verified.

4. For buyer to protect yourself, u will need seller's ID and phone number. Regularly, scammer do not answer phone calls. And pay by a credit card, if anything wrong, u can call ur credit card comapny and file a dispute or chargeback. ( As this is a virtual transaction, do NOT sign any package send to u by the seller, just ask the postman to return the package if u got any.)

U also must make sure the seller is the owner of the account. ( just log in the wow account and make sure the registration name and address is the same as seller's ID.)

5. For sellers, u must make sure the payment from the buyer is valid and confirmed, not from a stolen Paypal account. U also need to call the buyer, and make sure his phone number area code is the same as his address in Paypal, so if anything wrong, u can call the local police.

Send the buyer an invoice by Paypal and ask the buyer to pay. When the buyer's paid, u get his address and phone number in the Paypal payment receipt, and make sure the phone number and address are the same.

U can mail a package or letter to the buyer through Paypal, and get a confirmation number or tracking number, so u can know the buyer's address is valid and current or not.

6. Phone call is very important.

If u have other ideas, pls post any tips u know below this post.

TY

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:55 pm 
Site Admin

Combating the Scam
A Guide on Safe Account Trading… By GurglingEmu

Before trading, ask yourself these questions:
Do I have the email registered to the account?
Do I know the answer to the secret question?
Do I know the name on the account?
If you answered no to any of these questions… trading will be much more risky.

Steps to Account Trading:

1. Talk on AIM, or another messaging service. By talking using an instant messenger, rather than the phone, or vent, you can screenshot and save your conversation.

2. MEET IN-GAME! No matter how great the account looks… NEVER, under any circumstances, trade without seeing the character in-game. DO NOT Trade for a frozen account. Please note that account character sheets can be Photo shopped… do not accept them as proof of existence.

3. Begin the trade by testing out the other persons account. Make sure that the characters are on there. Don’t worry… your gold is a lot safer than you would think. By trading the account name and password first… you will have the ability to recall your account if anything should go wrong. If you find that your gold is stolen, tell a GM that your gold is missing.

4. Once you are satisfied that the character exists, you can proceed to the email change. Have the other person log onto your account at the Blizzard webpage, and send you an email change form. Do the same on his/ her account. If you would like, make them change the email first. You will know that the email is changed when the email on the account starts with the same letter as yours.
I.E. for the email gurglingemu@gurglingemuland.com you would see… g***** for the email address. NEVER trade for an account that lacks a changeable email.

5. In addition, once you have the email, change the phone number to your own.

6. Once the email is changed, share answers to the secret question. The secret question can be tested by answering the question registered to his/ her account. If it is correct, a new, randomized password will be sent to your email.

7. Lastly, NEVER trade the name registered to the account. This is used as a backup if the trade goes to hell, and you get scammed. (See Recalling an Account)

Recalling your stolen account:
If you followed the instructions above, and traded… and got scammed, then send me a PM. Or reply to this post.

I’ll walk you through, step by step, the process to recalling an account in which you no longer have the email address.

Or use the automated Blizzard account recall service at their website (only if you have the email.)

I wrote this to help clean up the forums, as I see far too many people getting scammed.

Post subject: A scammer
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:12 pm 
Site Admin

A scammer contacted me today by AIM.

lol, scammer told me that he live in US and do not have a phone, lol

Scammer do not make phone calls.

lol

Post subject: bum
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:38 pm 

bump

we had replaced any suspicious scammer's website or MSN, or any related name to "SCAMER"

If u r scamed by anyone or any user here, post ur story below.

ty

Post subject: Sigh. Just scammed.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:57 pm 

Sigh. Just scammed.

The scammer's name is Edgy Y (known by his g-mail sender ID), and this is my original character sale post:

http://www.buysellmmo.com/viewtopic.php ... highlight=

I don't have his forum name here, but his e-mail address is: urmyeverythging@gmail.com - PLEASE AVOID THIS PERSON AT ALL COSTS.

Naivety on my part allowed him to take advantage of me. Namely, I didn't notice and thus hadn't read the seller safety suggestions on this forum beforehand. Unfortunate, sad, frustrating, painful; but for those that would think "well, he clearly had it coming," let me say: people's ignorance never justifies, never condones exploitative activity. Anyway, what I noticed was: his Paypal was unverified without a shipping address, and what I didn't do was: collect a phone number or another form of personal ID. I proceeded with the sale. He initiated g-mail chat with me, we conversed informally some, and I mistook his sincerity for trustworthiness.

It seems he was using a stolen credit card licensed to a woman working at a law firm. Her e-mail address is bgarza at troubhheisler dot com. I knew it was strange that there was a mismatch between the point of contact and the buyer's Paypal e-mail, but I figured he simply had a different address for both. I assumed he was either the woman in question, or he had access to his mother's or sister's credit card account.

Once he had all the account info and had me confirm the WoW Account e-mail address change, he had a chargeback issued, which I received word of the next morning. Now I'm locked out of my Paypal account until I can prove my identification - and the funds he paid for the account ($150) are currently being withheld.

I'm disputing the chargeback claim, though I'm not holding out hope. If anyone here knows of anything relating to this criminal, or can offer me some assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Learn from my story. And remember: stay away from anyone named "Edgy Y" or using the g-mail address "urmyeverythging@gmail.com," though I doubt he'd run the risk of using it again.

Post subject: shi
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:42 pm 
Site Admin

1. contact Blizzard and get ur account back.

2. Why not call the fucker before u do business.

read above

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:12 pm 

This mother fucker scammed me yesterday... his email is lang_wangken@hotmail.com. He is clearly performing some form of paypall account fraud because he "bought" my account and then today there was a claim put on my paypal account and it took my account from $0 to -$420 because I had put the funds on my dad's account to avoid the ACTUAL money being taken back... but I am likely going to have to put the money back in the persons account. Why the ??? isn't there any action done to prevent credit card and paypal fraud? I believe that cracking down on FRAUD is much more fucking important than on Marijuana. Fraud actually deserves justice being served, arresting someone for smoking a joint is just an infringement on people's rights.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:48 pm 

My sugestion is that you contact paypal directly and explain how this person is atempting to defraud you for an electronically delivered item. Its how I got the money to stay with me last time some wanker tried to scam me, since electronic items are harder to tract.

Btw when I say contact them I mean by actually sending another email (rather then relying on the standard one they send whent the dispute is first opened) with a reference ID of the dispute so they know what your talking about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:37 pm 

does scammer accept to talk with mic?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:28 am 

Hi there everyone, I think i just got scammed by a person doing a chargback in paypal.

I sold him my wow account which i treasured and just didn't have time to play anymore. Then I received a held fund in my paypal account.

I feel really sad because now I have negative amount in my paypal account and also my wow account is gone.

I was wondering if someone that's knowledgeable about the situation on how for me to resolve this issue please do help me. I was wondering to call blizzard to retreive my account but I gave the guy all the info and he possible changed the email address and everything already. Also I am not sure how about to go with paypal. I already resolved the dispute they sent me but this is an electronic item, they asked for proof and tracking number which I do not have. please help.

Much appreciated.

Btw the person's name on here is : sunny520

email msn name : dreamsunnylol@hotmail.com

AIM name : Hayes1823

please watch out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:46 am 

Hum first what you do you go buy another wow acc and subscribe the same name. Then you call blizz and transfer the character on that acc if the Tansfer is up. Thats what i would actually do for the wow account but for the paypal, i think im to young to know about it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:57 am 

The above poster is 100% correct, although his sentence structure leaves a bit to be desired.

If you're buying one of these ub3r T6 epic flyer type accounts for $800+, spend the extra $60 to buy another copy of WoW and TBC. Create a new account using these. The only information that should be the same is the person's name. If the Date of Birth, e-mail used at registration, and CD-key are all different, you're good.

Then all you need to do is spend the $25 to transfer the character from the account you bought to the account you actually own. It costs about $85 total, but when you're buying such an awesome account having the peace of mind to know you're not gonna get fucked makes it worth it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:39 am 

hum ya I'm french XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:09 am 

I have been scammed too :(
He sent me the payments via paypal, once they were accepted I transferred them to my bank (takes 5-7 days) and after he got the account, he cancelled the payment.....

what can I do about that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:44 am 

do NOT DEAL WITH

grice-1987@hotmail.com

grice1987

^ is the AIM

he is using a stolen paypal account

we did a mutual $1 exchange and said the money and account transaction would be done the next day and a few hours later there was a dispute and apparently something about the original owner of the paypal not knowing he did it or something did the dispute claim and when i talked to the buyer about it he went offline.

also a good tip

if the buyer claims his paypal is verified, do a mutual $1 exchange and then wait 1 day to do the full account / money transfer. this will let paypal have 24 hours to figure out if the buyer / seller 's account is fraud and will help you out to figure out if they are scammers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:52 am 

yeah I should have done that, any suggestions on how to get my account back?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:02 pm 

Heya's folks,

I'm not entirely sure how to get back accounts, but I can provide you a bit of "piece of mind" of what you can do about scammers.

www.ic3.gov

The Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) is a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C), and the Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA).

IC3's mission is to serve as a vehicle to receive, develop, and refer criminal complaints regarding the rapidly expanding arena of cyber crime. The IC3 gives the victims of cyber crime a convenient and easy-to-use reporting mechanism that alerts authorities of suspected criminal or civil violations. For law enforcement and regulatory agencies at the federal, state, local and international level, IC3 provides a central referral mechanism for complaints involving Internet related crimes. read more >>

I was recently scammed through PayPal before and though PayPal's Buyer Protection Service doesn't cover virtual items, they did direct me to that site of what I can do about scammers. And to remedy this type of situation, they suggested to me to contact my bank to either stop the charges and/or cancel my bank account.

Hope this helps!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:48 pm 

bump

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:11 pm 

Look out for this guy: sunshine--198407@hotmail.com

Claimed to be from: http://www.mmoteam.com/

The site even says to not to trust any contact not listed on the page. He say's it's the 'manager's' e-mail, which is why he's on his 'personal' account.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:33 am 

Wallace aka e-mail:egilbet@hotmail.com or AIM:memoearly
IS A SCAMMER DO NOT TRADE WITH THIS PERSON

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:37 am 

Always be cautions with free e-mails because you can make them so easily. I have been contacted by quite a few already just use common sense. When they say to send invoice to another e-mail becuase it is thier personal or something, thier name doesn't match the name on the paypal account, or it seems they aren't intersted enough in the account they just want to deal right away. I think most scammers are easy to depict.Just use common sense.

Post subject: scammed
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:07 pm 

*sigh* just got scammed. decided to sell my account yesterday on a whim, so i didnt take the necessary precautions that i should have, such as reading the original post above. stupid, i know.

scammers id: brand00
email: doublenine04@hotmail.com

talked on aim with him. he gave me his phone number, but i didnt check it until it was too late. he'd already transferred his money to my paypal account from his, which was some bs name like James Clark. $540.00 USD. Since i thought i received the payment already, i went ahead and gave him my account and pw, which was fine. where i really screwed up was when i let him change the account email. if i hadnt let him do that, he could still play, but i could still retrieve it before it was too late through secret question/answer. but like an idiot, i wasnt thinking clearly and just thought about that cash in my paypal. turns out that the payment wasnt authorized, and was most likely from a stolen paypal account. doing as much as i can through paypal, but i dont have high hopes.

im trying to contact blizzard right now to get the account banned, as i believe it's illegal to buy/sell accounts. the best i can do, i guess. note to self: next time read the safety measures and whatnot and take all the necessary precautions. what really kills me is that i thought of taking the necessary precautions, but for some reason i didnt.

DONT BE LIKE ME! TAKE EVERY NECESSARY PRECAUTION! TALK ON THE PHONE! VERIFY INFORMATION! and DO NOT let them change the email or change anything on the account until you have the money physically in your hand or in your bank account, safe and sound. let the customer log on, to make sure it works, but do not allow them to play or change anything until youre sure youre getting your money. LEARN FROM MY IDIOTIC MISTAKE!

*EDIT*
luckily, when i called blizzard to try to get the account banned, the blizzard tech guy was super nice and just restored my account to me. there were a few things changed/sold, but all in all my characters still the same, so i lucked out. now i know how to be safe, and hopefully the sale will go through this next time when im alot more safe. also, im gonna have a friend who's more paypal/online shopping saavy help me with the transaction so i wont get screwed this time. good luck guys! pm me if youre interested in my toon still.

http://www.buysellmmo.com/viewtopic.php ... highlight=

thats my toon

Post subject: scammed
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:06 am 

hey I think I just got scammed, he put the money into my pay pal account but then a few hours later there was nothing in it.

yousufkgwg@hotmail.com was his email!

I got an email from pay pal saying there was something wrong witht he way it went down, what should I do? hes already changed all my details and everything..

what do I do?!?!?!?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:34 am 

I have sold a few WoW accounts over the last two years. As Ebay has banned the sale of virtual goods, I sell on MMO and use Ebay as the tool to complete the transaction. I do this by putting up the WoW install cd's so it looks like a physical good is being traded. Ebay requires paypal verified accounts so it takes the hassle out of trying to work out if some random has a legitimate paypal account or not. You can also see through ebay if the person has a decent ebay rating.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:08 am 

[quote="pendrop"]Wallace aka e-mail:egilbet@hotmail.com or AIM:memoearly
IS A SCAMMER DO NOT TRADE WITH THIS PERSON[/quote]Wish I checked in here beforehand - I second that he's a scammer, except he used a different e-mail

Post subject: Scammer found
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:29 am 

If anyone here knows onkbuk PLEASE have him read this,
onkbuk was scammed by a James Smith (It's not his real name) in Pensacola Fl. I have information for onkbuk to help him press charges on his scammer.
Including real name, address, phone numbers and background information!!!

erlcl3e,
You said Brand00 gave you his phone number, was his area code (850)?????
If so PM me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:36 pm 

sorry, it wasnt i think it was 215. but yeah when i called it was a bunch of guys who claimed not to know what i was talking about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:43 am 

litlecusaliet@hotmail.com, just scammed me of $700, Stay away from him, also if they give you an address, GOOGLE MAP IT, ***IT IS OFTEN IN THE MIDDLE OF A FIELD***
Luckily paypal buyer protection covers me so I still get my money.

Post subject: :(
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:04 pm 

ok so i was selling my account when some1 sent me the money i was fully aware of what they can do, anyway i was chinging details and luckily enough i checked my paypal and recieved a dispute before i changed the details on the account, so i still have my account fine but now some dispute is happening , does that mean he will get his money back? or what? please help

Post subject: Question
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:05 am 

What is the normal way you guys sell your account?

Retain email change and sqa info till payment clears bank and only give acct user and pw for the start? as in once payment is comfirmed through email. I only hand out acct username and password right? Or is there a much safer way for me.

Sorry but i hope you guys can help :)

Post subject: wowaccsbay
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:47 pm 

VERY LIKELY SCAMMER:
aim sn: wowaccsbay

Read the rest for explanation....

I did not go through with the deal, but I'm pretty sure it was a scam. A guy contacted me by aim (wowaccsbay) and told me that he worked for accountsbay.com. He told me it was a very reputable site and they were interested in buying my account. Long story short, he wanted armory/armoryclone links, gold, armor quality/slot, alt levels, and all of the things that was on the form at accountsbay.com. When all was said and done, he offered me a very good price, 525, and an additional 20 if i had the cd key. He spoke VERY good english, and he would speak in complete sentances, proper grammar, very polite, etc. When I asked him to prove he was with accountsbay.com, he said that the paypal account was accountsbay.com's. He wanted me to give him all the info first, refused to do a mutual exchange. I went on accountsbay.com, spoke with a live representative, and they told me that the aim wowaccsbay was NOT their aim address. This was just a very intelligent man who spoke proper English, who is very good at scamming people. This is my warning to everyone....
Note: this is not talking about the reputation of accountsbay.com in any way, this is an individual person CLAIMING to be with them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:01 pm 

Seems JILL-LE@hotmail.com is a scammer too.

http://www.wowtrade.dk/viewtopic.php?t= ... ght=jillle

Post subject: Re: Question
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:42 am 

[quote="aloyishere"]What is the normal way you guys sell your account?

Retain email change and sqa info till payment clears bank and only give acct user and pw for the start? as in once payment is comfirmed through email. I only hand out acct username and password right? Or is there a much safer way for me.

Sorry but i hope you guys can help :)[/quote]

There is no 100% safe way to buy an account, but it is 100% safe to sell. There's always some risk involved, but you can protect yourself as a seller if you're the original owner of an account. The most you'll ever lose is a few items that the scammer vendored. Anyway, these are the precautions I take:

First, I state unequivocally that I will not change the email address or give the secret answer for a period of 72 hours. This is for two reasons. a.) to give paypal time to determine if it's a fraudulent payment, which they often do very quickly, and b.) so that the buyer doesn't spam me asking for an email change.

Some people don't like this, but most people will deal with it after a brief discussion. I'm perfectly amenable to talking on ventrilo or the telephone, and if the buyer doesn't feel comfortable buying from me then that's fine. But I have sold twelve characters on various sites (ebay back in the day) and no one has ever declined to deal with me, and I've never had a complaint. So this works for me.

Second, be aware of your rights as an account owner. Blizzard will never, ever question your ownership status if you know the account owners name, secret question and answer. If a deal goes sour, and the guy tries to stop payment or he's stolen a paypal account, you will always always always be able to retrieve your account. You will always have recourse to protect your characters, even if it requires transferring them to a new account because your account has been compromised.

A good way to ensure you don't lose too much of your stuff (if a scammer gets ahold of your account) is to make sure you sell your account early in the week. Preferably a Monday if possible. This will guarantee you can call Blizzard in case anything suspicious happens. Should payment be reversed, just call up Blizzard, tell them you need to change your password but you need to change your email address first and they will do it, politely and quickly. Supply your first and last name, secret answer and you'll have to wait a few minutes at most.

Third, make sure the paypal email matches their contact email. Do not, under any circumstances, send account information to an email address other than the paypal contact address. This is very important. Scammers will often ask you to email your info to a hotmail address. This should send up red flags.

And as has been said before, talk to the guy you are selling to. Most scammers are kids or I suspect people working for the chinese gold farming companies who scam accounts via keyloggers and the like. They will NOT talk to on the phone. If they decline, cut communication immediately. If they offer you an exorbitant amount of money for your account, cut communications immediately.

A lot of buyers don't realize they are 100% protected if their name is on the account. Just be careful, make sure the guy you're selling to is legit (inasmuch as its possible) and if you feel any bad vibes at all tell the buyer sorry, you've decided not to sell.

And buyers should be aware that for all these reasons, it's very important that you be able to trust the person you're buying from. Talk to them for gods sake. Demand it, or don't buy.

Post subject: SCAMMER
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:41 pm 

a scammer tried to contact me about buying my wow account MSN address :

************mervynchivers@msn.com***********

WILL NOT HAVE VERBAL CONVERSATION.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:15 pm 

Nice post Regret.

Post subject: Scammed
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:50 am 

I have problem , i get money by paypal for my account give all information to buyer, but when i wake up i only can see on paypal - Payment was cancelled... What i can do now ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:09 pm 

I think there is nothing to do now, you loss your account and money except if you are the original owner where you could maybe be protected.

Try to do as Regret said.

You were scammed right like I did. Money was on my paypal account, everything was fine so I gave him Q/A. However, I should have specified in my invoice that it was for "Virtual Goods, non refundable" but I don't even know if paypal cares about that now.

Paypal always trust the buyer but never the seller. They didn't even ask me what was going on, the claim was closed and money back to the scammer in less than one day and I could not even explain the situation.

The scammer probably said he never received the product or never asked for it... even if he actually press on the fucking "confirm button". Now, I have a negative paypal account (founds were reversed and I am $10 in negative amounts) even if that guy stole me my account.

Paypal are shits and Blizzard will probably be rats by telling that "account name was changed, and that I am not the original owner now" even if I have all my name, cd keys, secret answer and original email. I don't even know if they have logs of this... and if they have logs, they'll know that I changed my password before being "scammed" and they'll probably say that I tried to sell the account.

However, I don't care if my account is lost, as long as the other's guy account can be banned too, if they can track down his IP, and everyone of his friends who traded with. It'll be more pleasant to know that they banned their accounts than having my account back in my hands.

Now, I know paypal sucks balls and I will never use it again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:12 pm 

likethat2lil2late@hotmail.com is a scammer and probably selling to a farming company. Other email is brobinson1@neo.rr.com .

If you appear to see the name "Brandon Robinson" on a paypal account, note that it is a scammer and will remove payment once you gave the Q/A... but he will probably not use it again. This is probably an hacked account too so... be carefull.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:09 am 

411.com can do a reverse lookup on a number and show you the living address. (public record of living address)

To confirm a living address, you don't need an ID (some people will just walk away instead of doing business due to the potential for identity theft) What you do need is to send them a letter in the mail and have them email you back with a description of what was in the letter (now you know.)

When a bank wants to confirm a living address, they sometimes ask you to send a fax or scan of some bills that were addressed to you. That's good enough for a law suit. If a utility company is sending you bills, you can be tracked down and have a usable address.

To confirm that someone has the login for an account, you don't need to meet them ingame, you can have them send an ingame mail message from their character to one of yours. Now you know that they can log into the account. (this is a lot easier than asking them

If someone doesn't have a landline that is listed, definitely suggest ID or go to postal confirmation. If you want to be ULTRA secure with selling an account, then send them a letter and get certified delivery. (talk to your post office) they can get not only a signature, but they will tell the postal carrier to confirm by ID card. (some people might be more comfortable with that.)

Some people recommend sending login and changing no account details. (so you can take it back if needed) Then send the registration details through mail (which is slower, but results in tracking numbers, etc. that can be used as evidence of shipping tangible goods to win a paypal dispute.)

For more info on anti-scam, just visit my website. I've written the best guides in the industry.

www.rpgreseller.com/x/howto/buy-sell-wo ... fely.shtml

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:53 pm 

I decided to rent s SCAMMER my account to a site talking to LeeHomno1 and i got paid for a week then for the next week the day i was spoused to get paid he got my account suspended. I changed pass when he got suspended. I was pissed cuz my lock was full S3 but i was still like LeeHomno1 pay me for the week u played on at least. But he says no give me pass and i will pay u but i was like well pay me for the time u were on him. HE IS A RIP OFF AND EVERY SITE IS THEY WILL WILL GET YOUR ACCOUNT BANNED

i AM JUST TRYING TO STOP PEOPLE LIKE ME GETTING RIPPED OFF

LeeHomno1 WILL RIP U OFF THAT IS HIS AIM

DO NOT rent s SCAMMER YOUR ACCOUNT TO A SITE OR TALK TO LeeHomno1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:53 pm 

How can I check someones paypal account? I have a potential buyer who gave me his paypal email address but I have no idea how to check if its valid.

Post subject: I've been scammed befor!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:26 pm 

I have also been scammed on febuary 26th. that was the day i handed over my account information . i didn't get my account back till about march 6th. i could have gotten it alot faster but i was waiting for the "funds under review" to take my account back.

If your account is taken its no problem it's very simple to get it back but chances of you getting the money are pritty much 0 even pay apl told me this because the item you are selling doesn't actually exsist so you have no proff. i would suggest mail the information or something because it's a way you can have a tracking code.

if you do get scammed and the scammer has your account all you have to do is....
call blizzard between 8-8 minday-friday and just say that you have been hacked and that you want to get your account back. they will get all your your information back immidiatly if your information you give is legit.

In my case my account was stolen AND BANNED. the scammer used my account for gold selling so it was banned. that is still no problem all you have to do is e-mail wowaccountadmin@blizzard.com and give them your account info that you have been hacked and that your pass word for your wow and email was the same so they confirmed the changes to your wow account there self.
after they email you back that your info is legit go on get pen + paper and start writting all the items missing on all of your chars then that email that they sent you your account back with email them every thing missing and you will get it in mail shortly after.
by the tiem i was done gettting my account strightened out i had around 20 emails from blizzard in my hotmail :P this was finaly over on march 26 1 MONTH after i sold it so it can take time guys so don't mess it up !

thanks for reading hope this helps!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:24 pm 

The person with the name "Jill" is obviously a scammer because he has like 72 posts saying almost the same exact thing and also posted different MSN's

"msn heeeshere4u@hotmail.com

aim heeshere4u

IM LEGIT AND VERFIED .CLICK HERE :

http://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/icon/verification] verified

http://www.trustwho.com/idverify.php?email=heeeshe ..."

And then....

"intrested in ur acc .

msn: sime-jelinic@hotmail.com

aim: simejelinic"

Both posts by him... Pretty suspicious right? lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:13 am 

This douche bag just got me too. blizzard was surprisingly on the ball with returning the account. avoid this tard.

msn: sime-jelinic@hotmail.com

aim: simejelinic"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:40 pm 

Watch out for this guy blizzard-entertainment5@hotmail.com he sends you a email when you post on forums etc of selling your account he tried it with me and here is what it was like:

Greetings!

It has come to our attention that you are trying to sell/trade your personal World of Warcraft account.
As you may or may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement.
If this proves to be true, your account can and will be disabled. It will be active for further investigation by Blizzard employee's.
Blizzard may consider taking legal actions against your crime, if it seems too be of an extreme nature.

This action has been taken because we at Blizzard Entertainment take these sales
very seriously. We need to confirm you are the original owner of the account.
This is done easily by confirming your personal information along with the concealed information about your account.
You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account by replying to this email with:

Use the following template below to verify your account and information via email.

* First and Surname
* Address
* Zip code
* Phone number Daytime
* Country
* Account e-mail
* CD-key, alternative a photograph of your CD-key that is located on your manual for World of Warcraft.
* Account name
* Account password
* Secret Question and Answer

If you ignore this mail your account will be closed permanently.
We ask you to NOT change any account information until the investigation is completed.
Blizzard Entertainment Inc
Account Administration Team
P.O. Box 18979, Irvine, CA 92623

Regards,

Account Administration Team
Blizzard Entertainment Inc

And my response:
??? off you lamer go level your own ??? ur not jacking mine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 1:40 am 

Watch out for this guy also, deifnitely chinese but telling me he is staying in US but cannot type proper English. Send me the money but I inisisted I have to wait for the funds to be in my bank before I can send him my accoutn details but I did forward him my identification and driver license.

aim:sosococo47
msn:markeen@hotmail.com

I think its okay to use paypal as long as the money is being withdraw into your bank and not in the paypal account. Does anyone knows if paypal still can claw back the funds after it is in your bank account?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 10:57 pm 

[quote="Zerox76"]Watch out for this guy also, deifnitely chinese but telling me he is staying in US but cannot type proper English. Send me the money but I inisisted I have to wait for the funds to be in my bank before I can send him my accoutn details but I did forward him my identification and driver license.

aim:sosococo47
msn:markeen@hotmail.com

I think its okay to use paypal as long as the money is being withdraw into your bank and not in the paypal account. Does anyone knows if paypal still can claw back the funds after it is in your bank account?[/quote]

can someone answer this
its because I also got scammed but I was able to transfer the money to my bank account.
I still have negative account on my paypal account
and After withrawing the money from the bank i closed my account so in short paypal cannot charged me from my bank
the only thing that worries me is that will paypal be able to claw the money i withraw from the bank from my other bank accounts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 6:11 pm 

Gday, I currently have an account for sale on here, though I have some questions...
After reading all these posts it seems a lot of people are getting scammed by people "calling back payments"? on paypal...
I would like to protect myself from this... How long does it take for the money to be secured in my account? Is it possible for someone to do a call back after like 2 weeks? what is a safe amount of time to wait after they have made the initial payment into my paypal account?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 6:28 pm 

I was thinking, wouldn't it be safer, when selling a character, to just transfer it to their account?

I just read "- Transfers between accounts can be done only if you are the subscriber on both accounts. (We do not support the transfer of characters between friends, guild mates, or family members.)"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 6:58 pm 

I think a scammer just replied to my post: http://www.buysellmmo.com/viewtopic.php?t=61280

I checked his profile to see his previous posts:
http://www.buysellmmo.com/viewtopic.php?p=162672

He is using 3 email addresses...

anyway looks dodgey to me...

btw, sorry if you are legit dude...